St. David's House, Noctorum, Wirral
St David’s House is a Victorian villa built in the 1860s in Noctorum, then a fashionable suburb of rapidly expanding Birkenhead, with superb views across the Wirral peninsula.
Our brief was to carry out some gentle modifications, adding a degree of grandeur to the main entrance facade (the original entrance was on the garden front, via a carriage-drive, but this was changed in 1905), a Victorian-style conservatory extension to the garden front, enlargement and rationalisation of the kitchen space, and improvements to the bathroom layouts, as well as restoring some of the original decorative features that have been lost over time.
How we sympathetically modified the original building
The original polychrome brickwork used for the more important facades have been respected and extended, and feature surrounds to new window, door and entrance arch openings have been designed with stone quoins to match the original work.
Contract Value: £150k approx.
Status: Completed 2020